Week 6 - Favourite Name

#52ancestors

Most of the forenames in my family tree are fairly similar, I have generations of John's and Richard's, with some Seymours on the Waterfall side. But I think my favourite forename has to be on my father's maternal line. It is the name of my grandmother Ilse Frankenbusch, so much so in order to remember her I have given the name Ilse to my daughter as a middle name. I have written about Ilse before here and here.

I suppose my favourite surname has to be the Waterfall name as that is my name and I get a lot of comments about how unusual it is. This does help when I come to researching my family history as there are not huge numbers of Waterfalls around. It also makes a change from the Williams, Evans and Jones names that are on my maternal line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Sheep